The Greater Detroit Aquarium Society has adopted the following Aquatic Horticultural Award Program to encourage members to keep and propagate a wider variety of aquatic plants and to share with others the knowledge they have gained. The program is open to a members. Awards are given as detailed in the rules stated below.
- To promote the keeping and propagating of aquatic plants.
- To recognize achievement in the growing and propagating of these plants.
- To gather information and knowledge of aquatic plants and their requirements with the additional bonus of having more beautiful aquariums.
- To identify new aquatic plant species and to determine conditions necessary for their care in the aquarium.
- To make accounts of successful growing and propagating techniques available to members through TTT and general meetings.